Sunday 21 April 2013

Eye's half shut


It's incredible to think that 1 month can change your life completely, a GSE experience is nothing short of this. This is a cultural and vocational experience in a twister. With each of us seeing on average 15 vocational visits, seeing over 150 temples, museums, parks and other sites, meeting more then 200 Rotarians, 1 Charter celebration, 5 Anniversary galla's and 1 district conference. This is no, backpacker, romantic get away, business trip, or education experience. Trip of a life time.
I sit here on my bedroom floor, struggling to keep my eye's open, but knowing I can't go to sleep with all these thoughts running wild from the months thats past. After only 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep in a 36 hours transit from District 3490 North Eastern Taiwan back to District 7010 its easy to sit and reflect.
             This trip has been nothing short of amazing and no matter how many time we will look for the right words to properly articulate what's been experienced we will always come short. This trip has been life shattering. To the people that made this possible our up most gratitude goes out. In Taiwan, Archi, Kevin, Every AG, host Family and Rotarian that has created an experience people can only dream of. Your country is as beautiful as the people and I know I speak for all of us when I say we can't thank you enough for the world class hospitality you have shown.
  To Sandi, we have a profound respect for your dedication and tenacity to chair and host groups from around the world. This is no task for the faint of heart and we can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us on both sides of the world. I will let you know right know that our remarks on RC Milk (formally Mike Kinsey) will be nothing but glowing. As our experience would have been nothing with out his leadership and personal attitude.
               This trip would be nothing without the people I've experienced with. This team came at this trip from start to finish like a Honey Badger on a Honey Larva, ( to truly understand please visit the You Tube Video)
  You guys are amazing, each of you has offered something new to my life and can't wait to see what we all get up to next in life.
 Week one we were culture shocked, week two we laughed a little a shared some more, week three we opened up and got real with each other and on week 4 we were nothing shy of a family. I went into this trip meeting 4 people that I hardly new and walked away with a second family that will always be apart of my life.  Thank you Mike, Ashley, Laura and Shannon for everything you put into this trip, I'm blessed for having the opportunity to be on your team.

To Rotary and District 7010l; for each club that sponsored a candidate I hope we can incapsulate what an eye open world changing experience this is. Rotary has done so many great things in the world and although this may show up as a small blip on the radar. It's impact ripples out much further and longer then I think we can fathom. Thank you for making the world a smaller place for us to connect, share and act on our ambitions.
Thank you everyone that followed our Blog, I know even as team members we have enjoyed reading the post and there will be more to follow as we tour our District presenting on our experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment