Wednesday 24 April 2013

Amazing trip with amazing people

I thought I would wait until I got home and let it all sink in before I did my blog. The last few days of the trip were as action packed as the first few. On the Wednesday we did a trip to the National Palace Museum that has 700,000 artifacts brought over from China when Taiwan became independent. Off to Shilin main residence of the past president and another temple that is the largest and newest on the island. Thursday we each did some vocational visits and then attended a farewell dinner attended by so many of our new friends and past hosts.
After over a 135 site visits, 8 host families and countless new friends the team went out with a bang! I would like to thank the over 3500 visitors for following our blog and hope you enjoined the posts. The people who took care of us were amazing and we extend a very big thank you. To the team I know this trip changed your life as it did mine. Alex Ashley Laura and Shannon, I want to thank you for sharing this awesome experience with me and could not have wished for a better team to represent district 7010 and Canada. Special thanks to my very patient wife Maryanne who held down the Kinsey homestead for my extended absence.
The last picture was taken back where the almost 5 week started at Terminal 1 Toronto only here we are in the arrivals. I am sure I learned as much about myself as I did anything else during this adventure and look forward to sharing it with all of you.

Cheers
Mike Kinsey











No comments:

Post a Comment