Saturday 30 March 2013

Honour your mom

Today we visited a museum that displays the art works of Juming. He was a sculptor and did amazing things with his artwork. He also payed respect to his mother with many of his carvings. It seems so suiting that tomorrow I will attend a Buddhist ceremony to honour their deceased mother and father. Five brothers have gathered from around the world here this weekend to attend the temple and this ceremony. They shared with me tonight a bottle of 63 year old cognac saved for such an occasion. I was very touched that they would share this with me, a perfect stranger from the other side of the world and so tomorrow will go and pay homage to my own mother that has been gone over 15 years. One of my team members is having a tough time time holiday with the passing of her mother a few short years ago and with a few tears in my eyes I admitted it doesn't get any easier as time passes to get over the ones you love. This one goes out to you Ash, god bless your mom.

2 comments:

  1. Loved todays post. We should always honour our mothers and celebrate them. I am fortunate enough to still have my mother in my life and reading this just makes me feel that much more greatful. Cheers to all mothers :)

    ReplyDelete